Core Technology Solution
Innovative resource upgrading and conversion technologies
Minerals processing technologies focused on transforming low-value resource streams into higher grade, valuable products delivering positive economic, energy, resource and environmental security outcomes.
Coldry – Unique low-rank coal drying technology
- IP owned 100% by ECT and protected in all major markets
- World’s most efficient pre-drying process for high moisture content coals
- Enables low-rank coal use in downstream conversion process for high-value products and applications
- Outstanding environmental credentials including a zero net CO2 footprint from the process
- Construction-ready designs for first commercial-scale plant ready to go
HydroMOR (formerly Matmor) – Primary iron processing technology
- Intellectual property owned 100% by ECT
- Integrates with Coldry which acts as the feedstock preparation stage
- Reduces manufacturing costs by ~65% through use of low cost, abundant raw materials
- Reduces energy costs through innovative thermo-chemical pathway (impact embedded in manufacturing costs above) CO2 emissions reduction helps deliver lower emissions intensity
COHgen – Catalytic Organic Hydrogen generation
- ECT is developing world-leading know-how of hydrogen chemistry in low-grade coals
- Targeting the lowest cost means of extracting hydrogen from low-rank coals
- Potential applications of this know-how include purpose-built hydrogen production
CDP-WTE: Catalytic Depolymerisation Waste-to-Energy
- Waste (and low-rank coal) to diesel
- Recent acquisition of CDP-WTE technology
- Coldry synergies, including improved process performance, efficiency and yield-enhancing Coldry bankability via exposure to the higher value liquid fuel market
We bridge the gap between today’s use of resources and tomorrow’s zero-emissions future.
The company commercialises innovative technologies to increase the economic and environmental benefits derived from low grade, low rank and waste resources (Targeted Resources).
We are recognised as a leader in the commercialisation of innovative technologies, providing increased economic and environmental benefits from the utilisation of Targeted Resources.
ECT has developed a set of corporate values which are as important as the technologies to our company.
These values are at the heart of how we conduct our business.
Bridging the Gap:
We are focused on technology as an enabler to a zero-emissions future
We strive to deliver innovative outcomes, through reducing complexity, cost-conscious execution and fit-for-purpose engineering
We work collaboratively to yield the best possible outcomes
When we say we will do something, we do it – and we do it responsibly
We consider the safety, quality and environmental outcomes of our decisions